What we do
Talbot Court Psychotherapy is experienced with working with a range of issues, in particular:
- Depression, loneliness, emptiness
- Lack of confidence or self esteem
- Loss of a sense of direction or belonging
- Sexual Identity
- Bereavement, grief, loss and serious illness ( e.g. cancer, HIV )
- Difficulties in starting, sustaining or ending relationships
- Relationship problems, divorce
- Career and Work – related problems, bullying, redundancy
- Physical, sexual, emotional abuse
- Sexual addiction
- Personality Disorders (including EUPD and BPD)
When you make an initial consultation with us, we will look at what would be most helpful for you.
Psychotherapy enables you to explore your difficulties in a safe and thoughtful space, to think about the causes of your feelings and to explore your way forward.
Your psychotherapist aims to listen carefully to you, to understand both your conscious problems as well as unconscious thoughts. They will sometimes say less, but at other times challenge you about what concerns you.
Supervision and Training
We offer psychoanalytic and psychodynamic supervision to trainees, qualified counsellors or psychotherapists, and to accredited psychotherapists. If you are a counsellor, a psychotherapist or a psychologist looking for clinical supervision, please contact us for further information.
We are also available for tailored training sessions or workshops for a range of needs. To date, we have provided training for counsellors, psychotherapists, clergy, pastors and social workers. Our specialist areas of training including workshops on depression, trauma and addiction. For further information, please contact us to discuss your training needs.